Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Neo-Voluntary-Health-Care Training opened



November 27, 2017
With a view to giving care to the people living remote rural areas in Buthidaung and Rathedaung townships, 3-week-long neo-voluntary-health-care-training was being conducted in the general hospital in Buthidaung starting from 10th November.

The training was being attended by 40 volunteers, comprising of Rakhine, Daingnet, Mro, Hindus and Islamists. On completion of the course, trainees will be provided with drugs so as to be able to launch medical care in their villages. It has been learnt that trainees will be conferred with acknowledgement certificates by the Ministry of Health and Sports.
Here are interviews with the authorities from Buthidaung general hospital and trainees. 


Dr Than Tun Kyaw (Deputy Director- Buthidaung Township Health Department)
The training we are now conducting is the neo-voluntary-health-care training. Its objective is to produce voluntary health workers with a view to bring about convenience in health care services in the township and for the public to enjoy health care service to the full.
The training was being conducted for giving urgent treatments to minor cases, giving first aids help and sending patients needing serious treatment to respective hospitals and dispensaries. On completion of the training, they will be given out acknowledgement certificates by the Ministry of Health and Sports. And they will be provided with drugs monthly or every 3 months. Auxiliary midwife course will be opened too.”


U Tin Naing (township health assistant 1, Buthidaung township health department)

The present training is the one for the public health workers. At the training 7 instructors of health staff including me will conduct. I myself teach them skills a health worker must have, their responsibilities and their daily routines in their villages. Some diseases commonly found in the villages, chronic diseases, diabetes, hypertension and cancer will be conducted so that they can share some knowledge to villagers. After 25 August, various kinds of races from the regions out of reach of health care coverage were taught.


Aye Thein Maung (Rakhine- Ngamyinbaw Ywathit)

Interested in medicine, I attended the training with a view to being convinced of the medicine and sharing knowledge and giving medical treatment to those from remote areas like us.

The trainings made arrangements for us to feed, and accommodate. The training includes many races, Rakhine, Hindu, Islamists, Daingnet and Mro. We are familiar with each other.

Bi Gyan (Hindu- Taung Ba Zar village)
I am 21 years old, attending 10th Standard Class. After the event of terrorist attack, our village school was not yet opened till now. At the urge of the medical doctor in the town, I attended the training. I will share medical knowledge to others and help them in hygienic affairs.

Habel Samat (Muslim, Yinma Village)
I heard about this training from Township Health Department and came to attend it. Health Department had arranged for our accommodation throughout the duration of the training but I stay in my relative’s home. The department arranged both the board and lodging for us throughout the training but I stay in my relative’s home. I got to know the different nationals who came to the training and become well acquainted. I’m thinking of providing health care in my village with the knowledge I gain from this training.

Ma Nyo (Mro, Bogalay Ywathit village)
It took two days with one night stop to reach Buthidaung from our village. Transport is rather difficult. I attend the training because my village didn’t have a clinic. As we are far from the town, I can help the villagers if they become sick. Our village has more than 40 houses with a population of more than 200. Nearby, we have ethnic national villages as well as Muslim villages. Once I’m through this training, I’ll share my health knowledge to others.

Ma Than Than Aye (Daingnet, Pankonema Village)
Our village has close to 170 houses. Population is around 600. We don’t have a clinic in our village. It will take about 2-3 days to come to Buthidaung from our village. We dare not come alone when we come to town.
We need to come in a group of 4-5 people. I want to provide health care to my villagers and I come to attend this training on behalf of them. I believe that I’ll be able to provide health care after the training.
Township doctor informed me by phone about the training and I came to attend it. Although the trainees are of different ethnic, we were friendly with one another.

By News Team
Photo: Han Lin Naing
(Sittwe-Sub-printing House)
Ref; The Global New Light of Myanmar

No comments:

Post a Comment